Here you can find information about the registration with the AIRE (only for italian citizen)
1) Is it mandatory to register with the AIRE? YES.
2) Is there any fine if I did not register in time? NO.
3) Even if we do not have an official residency in Italy we still need to provide an Italian address when we have just a temporary VISA.
4) How do we have to declare taxes, since we get a stipend and pay taxes in US? ASK YOUR ACCOUNTANT OR READ ABOUT IT.
5) Whenever we come back to Italy, how would we use the Italian Health Care? EVERY TIME BEFORE COMING BACK TO ITALY, THE CONSULATE WILL GIVE YOU A CERTIFICATE VALID FOR THREE MONTHS (YOU CAN REQUEST IT AT email@example.com)
– for further information contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or write to the consulate (email@example.com)